Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, December 27, 2019

Sorting 1980 - 1983 Kellogg's Cards

I tend to ignore these newer Kellogg's issues since they are readily available as factory sets.  Sorting them over the last few days has been fun.  Here is what I found.

1.  1980 cards are like 1971 Topps baseball cards in that the edges are quite susceptible to damage. And just like the 1971s, they can easily look bad with bad edges, especially when viewing the back of the cards.

2.  1981s are annoying to put in plastic pages.  Since most of these cards are worth enough money to put in top loaders, I've been putting sets in nine-pocket pages.  The 1981s can be a challenge to put in some of the older pages that I am trying to reuse. Surprisingly, they seem to go fairly easily into the pages that open from the side.  I must mention that I really don't like these side-opening pages.  I must have gotten them a few years ago when buying some junk cards at a flea market.

3.  Too many of the 1982s have discolored card backs. I really like the consist color on the front.

4.  The 1983s seem to suffer the same fate as the 1979s.  One of the print runs resulted in cards that are just not bright and colorful.  Has anyone seen that?



2 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since I've used or even seen side loading 9-pocket pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years ago I bought lots of binders full of cards at flea markets - a few at a time. The pages were sometimes the most valuable items and I will use them at some point.

    ReplyDelete