Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, December 26, 2019

What I Won't Be Doing in 2020

I found lots of time to sort my Kellogg's cards today.  Early on when I started getting lots of these cards, I got lots from 1970, 1976, 1979 and 1981.  This year I ended up getting lots of them from 1980.  Too many.  My goal is to stop getting more of these cards unless they are unopened and in nice condition.

I also need to avoid 1981s because I keep finding them around.  Off-condition 1971s seem to be around a lot too.  I won't be grabbing them unless they are a variation that I don't have.  

So, what will I be trying to find?  I am finally getting some 1975s in nice condition.  Completing a nice 1975 Kellogg's set will progress slowly because they don't show up in lots and the individual cards are usually a bit expensive for me.  Did I mention that they curl horribly too?

In 2020 I'd like to find more cards and/or sheets from the Benanti collection.  I'd also like to find out about any promo cards that were made of players who didn't appear in the set.  Does anyone know of any other than the 1970 Rusty Staub?  I don't think I even noticed the 3.5 grade because I was just excited to get this card.



Does anyone else have Kellogg's card goals for next year?

4 comments:

  1. I do now. The Campy, Sanguillen & Cedeno from the Hispanic Legends series you show as your banner.

    What's a Benanti collection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are two versions of the Hispanic Legends set. One is in English and one is in Spanish. The banner picture is an uncut sheet. How did they not add another card? Did they have one planned and then things didn't work out?

    A guy named Benanti was a long-time employee of Xograph. He auctioned a lot of promo cards and uncut promo sheets a few years back. I got a bunch of the promo cards and a 1973 uncut sheet which has two sets. Lots of his stuff was going to be in future Beckett Auctions but it was canceled. I haven't seen any of it for sale or auction again anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to try and build or possibly buy the 1970 Kellogg's set in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of that decision depends on what is acceptable to you in terms of curvature in the cards. What are you thoughts on that?

    ReplyDelete