Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, December 28, 2019

Issues with 1978 and 1979 Kellogg's Cards

I'm working on sorting the 1978s and 1979s.  I have two different issues with these two sets.  The 1979s have two different styles, normally called Red and Orange referring to the Kellogg's name on the front.  The 1978s have one big problem. 

The red set consists of thin card stock with a bright white background color and border.  The orange set in on a thick card stock,  or at least the plastic coating is thick.  These orange cards have a dull finish that looks like it was a mistake somehow.  There seems to be a lot of color variation with the orange cards and some look quite bad.

It was easy to sort the 1979s since I think I only acquired three of them in the last few years.  I had lots of these cards early on and I kept buying cheap lots to work on obtaining all of the variations.  That project has stalled since I am just about done.  Now I am hoping to get the unopened pack variations.

I also didn't get many 1978s in the last few years since I'd bought a few large lots years ago.  I have so many of these cards with cracks.  For some Kellogg's sets a few cracks don't look bad.  The 1978s have cracks and bubbles that really do look bad sometimes. 

On to the 1977s, where I don't have lots of cards.  I hope that is easy. 

2 comments:

  1. I can live with some cracks... but the bubbles are a deal breaker for me when it comes to Kelloggs cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cracks on the edges don't bother me but the ones across the face are not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete