Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, January 19, 2020

Kellogg's Basketball Cards from the late 1990s

I don't remember anything about these cards.  I was surprised to see that a pack contained 11 cards.  This is my first pack of these. 





Does anyone know much about these cards?  I will open a pack when I get another one, but I like this pack the way it is with Stockton.

When Starting Lineups got lazy and started using cards that already existed it was quite a disappointment.  Most years they at least reprinted them with sequential numbers instead of using the number from the regular card set.  They also usually put the SLU logo on the front or back.

I see no logo on the front here.  I guess I'll need to check the back to see about the logo and card number.  How else would one know it was a Kellogg's card unless it was in this pack with the checklist?

I wasn't really collecting cards much from 1995 - 1999.  Things that caused it included the baseball strike, graduate school in another town and moving to Colorado.  I wish I'd have done this things from 1990 - 1995 so I'd have less of the junk cards in my house.

1 comment:

  1. Never seen or heard of these before... but it's pretty cool that UD and Pinnacle collaborated to put this food issue out.

    ReplyDelete