Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, January 1, 2021

Is This Card Worthy for a Nice 1975 Kellogg's Set?

 I got a nice surprise when I organized some of the stuff that I bought in 2020.  Yes, I don't do this often enough.  Last summer put me behind in every part of my life and I am maybe catching up now.




It looked like a great card until I scanned it.  That's when I noticed a small crack near the top-right corner.  What does everyone this about these small cracks, especially on the earlier sets?  Does it make it worthless?  Should I include it in my set?

I may need to start bringing magnification to card shows when they return.  Does anyone do this with Kellogg's cards?  Since I don't get my cards graded, should I be concerned about a crack that can only be seen when magnification is used?


3 comments:

  1. Its a nice looking card. Its 45 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally be concerned. In fact... just send it to me and I'll take it off your hands. :D I've never seen a perfect 1975 Matlack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be glad to finish the set. It's not one of my favorites from Kellogg's.

    ReplyDelete