Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, January 31, 2021

Another Card Show in Indiana

I was fortunate that a card show existed in Indiana yesterday.  It was about 45 minutes from home so I decided to check it out after doing some work around the house in the morning and getting in a short run.

As I left for the show my wife called to let me know that Bobby Hull was signing at a mall close to our house.  Not a big deal since I don't really have an interest in autographs.  There was not much traffic, it was easy to find, the parking lot was crowded and the show offered free admission.  That was a nice start. 

It was a solid crowd, there were at least 50 tables and the facility did a good job of keeping the spacing between rows.  Still all good.

I took a few laps around and the two things I noticed most were new insert cards and unopened boxes, mostly the blaster boxes seen at Target or Walmart.  I did see a few graded Kellogg's cards but that really isn't my thing.  

No photos since I didn't buy anything.  I don't know if I will go back to another show there.  I was debating going to the show or to the Baseball Card Exchange.  Next time I will go to BBCE.    

5 comments:

  1. I was going to ask where to. I googled it and Lake Station is just under an hour and a half from home. I miss card shows too, the ones around here are rare and small when we do have them.

    I needed to get my daughter some miles before she got her license so I had her drive me to the Baseball Card Exchange. It was a pretty good shop and I bought a bunch of stuff. I was going to say something on a previous post of yours but had forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was deciding between the show and the shop. Since I stopped at the shop for the first time recently, I decided on the show. I do want to visit the shop again. It is about 15 minutes further for me, so just over an hour.

    ReplyDelete