Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, December 31, 2021

A New Plan for 2022 to Complete My Sets - COMC Questions

 In early 2021 I sold lots of basketball cards since I really don't collect them.  I happened to pick some up at flea markets and card shows over a number of years.  I was glad to be able to sell some of them and donate lots of the commons / semi-stars.

Since I am not having any luck finishing some sets I've decided to try to find some of the cards that I need on COMC.  I probably have enough basketball cards remaining to help pay for most of the purchases.


I've been on the COMC site many times but I never purchased anything.  When looking at regular cards it is easy to see the condition of the card.  I am a bit concerned about looking at Kellogg's cards on COMC's site.  Does anyone have experience with this and what I should look out for?  Are cracks easy to hide in these images?

Are there any other red flags when trying to purchase Kellogg's cards on this site?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I have purchased a Kellogg's card or two on their site, but can't say if I've ever been surprised by the condition. I will say that there have been times when a non-Kellogg's card has arrived in worse condition than I thought, but it's usually on me (didn't look closely enough at the scan). I've also had cards arrive damaged. COMC has always refunded my money and let me keep the damaged card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a detailed response. I'm going to give it a try along with The Trading Card Database this year.

    ReplyDelete