Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, January 1, 2022

When You've Misplaced Cards What is the Longest It Took to Find Them?

Two years ago I had a stack of about 30 of Derek Jeter's cheaper rookie cards.  I put them in a bag to keep them together.  I spent lots of time sorting the cards in my room and last year I decided to sell some of the newer cards that were popular.  I spent my time selling basketball cards that really don't fit into my collection.

I decided that I would try to sell the Jeters too since I mostly collect cards from 1987 and earlier.  12 months later I found them within three feet of where I always thought they were.  

I bring this up because I am now missing 48 (I think) cards from the 1970 Kellogg's set.  Whey do I have that number in mind?  I opened eight packs that had six cards each and I placed them in pages since they weren't 100% flat.  I'd been keeping them separate from my set building efforts but I decided last week to use some of them in my sets.  Great, except I've looked everywhere in my newly organized room and they are not to be found.  I guess my organizational skills need lots of work.

I kept track of what was in each pack.  Most packs that I opened had at least one HOF player.  Nearly a third of the set consists of HOFers - I quickly counted 23 plus Pete Rose. 

Maybe they will be a present at the end of the year when I find them.  Living in the same place for 20 years can be good or bad.  I want to see if they remain un-cracked since I opened the packs a few years ago.  That will have to wait until I figure out where they ended up.

1 comment:

  1. Misplaced for 20 years? I'm glad that I'm not in your shoes. I'm not good with misplacing things... because I get very anxious and need to convince myself that they're lost forever. Then when I do come across them, it's like an early Christmas present.

    P.S. Congratulations on finding those Jeters!

    ReplyDelete