Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, January 8, 2022

Kellogg's Autographed Cards - Where Are They?


 

Sadly, you couldn't get three of them in a box of Raisin Bran at any time.  I have a bunch of the 1982 Kellogg's football cards that came attached in a panel of three.  Some of those panels fell apart but I like the header strip so expect to see it in pictures going forward.

Only once have I seen any of the autographed cards in any quantity and that was about 10 years ago and it was only Joe Theismann.  Has anyone seen these around online or at card shows?  Did they all end up in cereal boxes and then the garbage?

They did these for a few years and included athletes from different sports.  

I have two Jacobsen's and I don't think I've ever seen another one for sale.  That was the one I wanted most anyway since I was fortunate enough to caddy for him one day.  

2 comments:

  1. No idea how these were distributed, but I've acquired the Hank Aaron, Kristi Yamaguchi, Troy Aikman, Lenny Wilkins, and David Robinson autographs. I may or may not have acquired the Peter Jacobsen... and I'm pretty sure I still need the Kyle Busch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like these were gotten by mail-in offers. They also offered cards in 2008 - Bettis, Theismann, Rice, others?. I see the 2008s for sale more frequently than the earlier ones.

    ReplyDelete