Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, January 15, 2022

Kellogg's Cereal Boxes from 1975 to 1979 with Baseball Cards Included

 Here are boxes from my collection, from David's (thanks again) or from pictures I found on ebay or somewhere else online.

I have no idea about the values of any of these boxes.  Does anyone know more about this?

These are impossible to find.  If you see any of them let me know since we are trying to get a complete list of the products that delivered these great cards.  

1975 Baseball


I don't recognize these boxes.  That's probably because I didn't have many in my collection in 1975.  In 1974 and 1976 I got dozens of these cards straight from cereal boxes.  I don't know if I got any during 1975.  

I have never seen an unopened pack from 1975.  Does anyone have some of them?


                                                                1976 Baseball


An impressive group of star cards shown on this box.  No card pictured on the front though.




                                                                1977 Baseball

A few different box backs.  Does anyone know why they had different players featured?  Was there a geographic component to this?



They didn't feature the biggest stars on the 1977 packages. 




                                                                1978 Baseball



I've seen a bunch of the unopened packs over the years.  




                                                        1979 Baseball


Kellogg's, or whoever wrapped the cards, changed the approach in 1979.  It doesn't look as good and the wrapper seems to be a bit more susceptible to separating into two pieces.  The two-piece approach separates far more easily in the 1980 set.

Next time I will show a few of the later boxes.  






5 comments:

  1. More great stuff here. Thanks for the great research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is way ahead of me with this research. We could use help finding other boxes that exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they used different players on the boxes based on the different size or quantities in the boxes. The 10oz and 15oz were different products, one sold in smaller stores and the other in larger stores, thus the different packing.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for showing these off. I love how Kellogg's put the Fidrych rookie in Tony's hands on one of the backs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like wasted extra work to put different players on the different boxes. If they did that today, they'd be forced to put the biggest $tar$ on everything. That would have been too bad for Bill Madlock and Rick Monday. Not so sure about Fidrych.

    ReplyDelete