Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, January 9, 2022

Card Show Recap - The Variety Will Keep Me Coming Back - Even a Few Kellogg's Items

 It was nice to see a few new dealers at the local card show today.  There wasn't as much new stuff as usual.  The show has about 60 tables and there was plenty of stuff from the 1950s to current.  There was also a bunch of T206s and some Goudeys and a bit of other old stuff.  

It was great to talk to a few dealers who were collectors in the 1970s like I was.  I didn't buy the box shown below but it is one that I rarely see.  The Madlock card in Tony's paw looks like a drawing unlike the other cards that look like the ones actually included in the set.  


This was a 10-ounce box, something my large family would never have considered buying.

I purchased one card from this dealer - a 1976 unopened pack with Jim Rice inside.  I already have this one, so if someone wants to trade me for something on my wantlist that could work.  He also had an unopened 1976 Singleton but I didn't want to pay $10 for it.  Nice to see some unopened Kellogg's cards at all.



Sorry for the bad phone photos.  My scanner is somewhere else in the house and I am too lazy to search for it.  


I couldn't resist buying a PSA card even though that isn't my thing.  This was my favorite Kellogg's card in 1974, so it was great to see it for $10.  This dealer only had one Kellogg's card too.

4 comments:

  1. That Williams is a cool find. $10 for a 48 year old oddball issue of a hall of famer equates to a great deal. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I don't track PSA prices at all, but I figured that was fair. Since I have 1970 and 1971 graded Kellogg's proof cards of Willams, I will now probably try to get graded versions of the 1972 and 1973 Williams to complete the run for my favorite childhood player.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that advertisement. "Kids, sit down to breakfast with me, Tony the Tiger." Sounds like he's going to eat them. But no, it's okay, they'll get a 3-D baseball card to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellogg's didn't seem to phrase it like that in the other years that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete