Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, September 7, 2015

I Couldn't Resist This One - A Cub, A 1971 Kellogg's Card and a Proof Card - All in One

Getting a few Pete Rose promos was great.  I couldn't resist getting a Cub so I purchased Jim Hickman.  Sure I probably should have spent a few more bucks and bought a Bob Gibson, but I am a collector and Cubs are first on my list.

I ended up with a 1971 Jim Hickman proof card from the same collection as the Rose proof cards.



The picture appears to be the same, but the background definitely is a bit different.  Check out the clouds to get an idea of how it differed.  

I've got about 10 proof cards now.  This is the first one I've checked closely for differences.  I guess I'll be looking at the others ones soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment