Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Favorite Kellogg's Card Sets - Why I Love the 1973 Set


There is a lot to like about this set.  Sure, lots of Kellogg's purists find this set to be different since it isn't a 3D card set.  Xograph produced the cards for Kellogg's and some for Topps.  In 1973 that didn't happen so Kellogg's had Visual Panographics produce the cards.

I like that the set didn't try to make the cards look like the other Kellogg's set.  The red coloring looks great on these cards, especially those in top condition.  Some of the colorful uniforms, like the A's, really jump off the cardboard.  

Like the 1972s, I really like the close-up images used.  Also like the 1972s, the set has lots of Hall of Famers and other stars.  

I've been able to get a sealed factory set, all of the 3-card panels and most of the cards in individual wrappers that were inserted into cereal boxes.  

I don't believe that there are variations in this set.  That makes it easier for me since I'm always trying to get every variation.  


One of my favorite Lou Brock cards.



Al Hrabosky would not approve Cuellar's nice guy look.


Is there a better card of Reggie?  


I've yet to meet a Joe Morgan card that I like.


Perfect uniform for the 1973 set.  Great card.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment