Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, September 3, 2015

My Favorite Player Made News Today - Check Out His Kellogg's Pack

As a kid #26 on the Cubs was my favorite player.  The only thing we had in common was playing the outfield, but he remained my favorite.  When he was traded to the A's he disappeared in my mind since there was no inter league play.  

Billy Williams has some great Kellogg's cards.  The only thing better than a 1970 card of Williams is a 1970 card in the original pack.




On this day in 1970 Williams took a day off.  He held the NL record for consecutive games played with 1,117 until Steve Garvey (ugh!) broke it in the 1980s.  

It was nice to know that if you went to a Cub game that Williams would be in the lineup.   I've been to a few Bulls games in the last few years and I've yet to see Derrick Rose play.  When I finally got to a game against the Lakers, Kobe Bryant didn't play because he was tired.  My job doesn't work that way.  



I'm searching for unique items from Kellogg's and Hostess that feature Williams as a Cub.

No comments:

Post a Comment