Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Unopened Kellogg's Pack Challenge Continues - 1972 All-Time Greats

Progress has been slow on my goal to get every Kellogg's card in an unopened pack.  My teacher budget is certainly a limiting factor here.  I'm not in a hurry either, so the chase is fun.  

The Hornsby below is from the 1972 All-Time Greats Set.   I think that I now have five of the 15 cards in the packaging.  It will probably be quite difficult and/or expensive to get the Gehrig and Ruth cards.   



This card certainly takes me back to 1972 when my mother never would buy Pop-Tarts or Danish Go Rounds.  I only saw these cards because my friend's mom bought these products.  I don't know how we managed to not get these items since we always had cookies, chips, Frosted Flakes, Kool-Aid and everything else that caused me to get fillings everywhere.  Don't get me started on the instructions for making Kool-Aid in the 1970s.  Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. I am a HUGE collector of Kelloggs unopened packs. I feel THESE are truly the MOST rare condition one can find them. I kills me to think that when I've sold some of my extras that they were opened to try to get PSA 10s. It's ok though as the more that go away, make my collection that much more unique and hopefully valuable.

    ReplyDelete