Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, April 3, 2017

Game Tonight - Why I Won't Be Watching

I went to a college that was not really that good at sports.  Here are a couple of clues about the expectations.

1.  I took my kids to a football game at the grand alma mater when they played a weaker opponent.  I couldn't make up what happened next.  After the score changed to 23 a message quickly appeared  on the scoreboard that said "23 is a prime number."

That's embarrassing.  Right away you now know that I didn't go to an SEC school or any other school with a football tradition.  

2.  As a student I once attended a game with someone in a wheelchair.  That allowed us to watch the game from the track that surrounded the field.  It was so quiet during the game that I could hear the quarterback swearing at the other guys in the huddle.  

3.  The school's basketball team has made it to the NCAA tournament once - this year.  That's probably the clue you'd need to figure out what school I attended.  

I wonder if Ted Simmons and all of the others athletes who starred in high school basketball will be watching.


1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. My alma mater is SJSU which was known for judo and golf back in my day.

    ReplyDelete