Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, September 14, 2017

1971 Kellogg's Baseball Variations

Over the years I've picked up a bunch of lots of 1971 Kellogg's baseball cards in off condition.  Tonight I just found a stack of them that haven't been sorted to check for variations yet.  Maybe I'll find a few more that I need when I get this done.

No time for checking them until at least Sunday since I'm busy with school projects and coaching.  But, I did find a variation that Mark, a regular commenter, needs.  I'm glad to send that along to him.

These fine print variations are getting tougher on my eyes all of the time.

After going to the National and see everything graded, I thought it might cloud my opinion on all of my damaged, well-loved 1971s.  Not a chance!  It was great to look at them tonight.  I was not phased by the faded colors, the cracks, the edges that were probably in pockets, etc.  Would other years look like that if there were no factory sets or mail-in offers?

In fourth grade we brought our cards to school for a long time for trading and showing off our best cards.  Lukily, Mrs. Delaughty wasn't one to take away our beloved cards from the early 1970s.

No comments:

Post a Comment