Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, September 1, 2017

Time to Look at the 1975 Kellogg's Card Backs

I'm going to start reading the backs of the 1975 Kellogg's cards.  I hope that they are better than the fronts.  I say that because, just like the 1971 and 1979 sets, there are two completely different looks to the 1975 set.  I've seen 1975s graded as 10s that have great, bright colors but most of the cards that I see don't resemble that at all.  They haven't seemed to hold up as well over time as some of the other sets.


There have been 4,943 1975 Kellogg's cards graded by PSA.  Only 977 (19.8%) have gotten a grade of 10.  That's an average of only 17 per player.  Some players must have very few since some of the stars will certainly have more 10s since everyone is more likely to get them graded.


I was certainly wrong on some of my assumptions.  I knew that card number 01, Roy White, was difficult to find in great condition but I see that there are only three (3) of them graded as a 10.


The final card in the set, Richie Hebner, also has only three (3) cards graded as a 10.  Leroy Stanton only has two cards that got a grade of 10. 


Nolan Ryan leads the way with 55 cards graded as 10s. 


Sorry for the lack of pictures.  I switched to a different computer and I've got nothing on it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment