Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, September 8, 2017

What Other Items Did You Get From Cereal Boxes

I didn't go grocery shopping with my parents much, so I didn't have a lot of input into the cereal selections.  Getting Kellogg's cards was great, but I doubt that my mother or sisters looked to see if the box had 3-D cards.  Instead, they'd just grab the nearest one.  That explains why we were constantly getting things that glowed in the dark, stickers, license plates, temporary tattoos and wacky wallwalkers.

I clearly remember getting a lot of the vinyl/cardboard records that were on cereal boxes - maybe Alphabits or Sugar Smacks?  I bet my sisters could have snagged some 3-D cards if they selected my cereals.

I will end this rant with one of my favorite quotes from an athlete - "I'm not complaining; I'm just explaining."  No, I need to continue since my sisters probably did the same thing when buying Twinkies.  Why not check the bottom so that I get the best three possible players?  I would check every box on the shelf before deciding which one to buy.

If you couldn't get a baseball card, what were your favorite cereal box prizes?  Please estimate the years so that the rest of us can follow along.  I wasn't a fan of most of the 1970s cars that were inserted because they couldn't match the Hot Wheels cars that we played with a lot in the winter.

2 comments:

  1. In the late 80's... Wheaties gave away full size posters of Michael Jordan. I still have two of them hanging up in my garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of those. That reminds me, I won two MJ basketballs, both of which I still have.

    ReplyDelete