Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, September 3, 2017

Kellogg's Hockey Card Commercial

I found this on YouTube today.  I think these hockey cards are the same as a regular-issue with the only difference being a Kellogg's logo.  Since I don't really collect hockey cards I am not 100% certain about that.

I'm not a fan of small sets that differ only from regular issues by the addition of a logo.  I liked Starting Lineup cards since they were unique.  Somewhere along the line they got lazy and starting using regular cards and just stuck their logo on them.  Some years they didn't even change the card numbers on the back so the set wasn't sequential.  I don't like that either.

Enjoy the commercial.  It is short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EijSXv0pa4E

4 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of both. On one hand, I love some of the original SLU card designs... especially the late 80's designs. But I also really like how they used the Topps & Fleer designs in the mid 90's. Maybe that's why I love SLU cards so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the SLU cards. I didn't see many at the National during the last two years. One year a guy had at least 1,000 but his prices were not in my range. Rarely do I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up until a few weeks ago, I had targeted SLU card lots on eBay. I'd come across maybe 3 to 5 reasonably priced lots each year. As of right now I have two binders dedicated to them and one of my biggest set accomplishments was completing the 1988 baseball set. That was a lot of fun to build.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always pick them up when I can. I've been a big collector of the cards and the figures. Lots of them look better out of the package. A few dealers at the National mentioned that they were selling the card/figure combos out of the package for a lot more than they were able to sell a figure in its original package.

    ReplyDelete