Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, September 4, 2017

Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards Anyone?

When we were kids in the late 1960s and throughout the 1970s we didn't have any internet to find checklists.  We actually purchased books like the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards so that we had some idea of what type of cards were out there.

We learned about older card sets and regional issues by checking out books like this and checklist books.  At one point I thought I would complete all sets from 1948 to today so I started marking off who I had in the checklist book.

Do any of you use these books today?  Is there anything new about Kellogg's cards in any of these books?  If so, please send along any informatoin.


Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards

3 comments:

  1. I have one from the late 2000's... maybe 2008? I use it from time to time when I'm writing about oddball sets or regional issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have mine next to my desk. Still very handy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that people still use these books. The edition or year doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete