Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, September 11, 2017

What Else I Collect

I am trying to get everything Kellogg's from 1970 - 1983 at least.  I'm still looking for variations, upgrades for some older cards and lots of unopened packs, factory sets, etc.  I'm also always looking for one-of-a-kind items, advertising pieces and anything else unique.

I've decided that with Hostess cards I want the entire box and maybe just the three-card panel.  I'm not as interested in the cards that are cut from the box.  

I'm trying to complete the Sportscaster set and I don't have the three expensive ones - Bird, Magic Johnson and Gretzky.  On top of that, I'd like to work on the foreign editions, but I can't even find complete checklists of those cards.

I'm working on a 1961 Topps set but that and a 1968 Topps set will probably sit idle until the kids go to college.  

I don't expect to attempt any newer sets, but I might try to get all of the 3-D inserts that look like the 1968 Topps 3-D cards.  They've been done a few different times and I like them all.  I'm just not going to buy packs to find them.

I like golf and track and field cards, but I don't see them around much and I'm not really familiar with the values of older ones.

Does anyone else collect any of this stuff?

1 comment:

  1. I've slowly been picking up complete sets of Kellogg's. So far I have the 76, 77, 80, 82, and 83 baseball sets. If I end up freeing up some unwanted cards, I might go after the 78 and 79 sets. Worst case scenario I'll just grab the 81 set and complete the 80's run. I also have a few 3 card hostess panels and some singles, but I won't go as far as saying I'm a collector. I just pick them up whenever I find them cheap.

    ReplyDelete