Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, December 8, 2017

I Really Did Buy a Figuring Skating Card

I finally got the Hank Aaron card that I'd wanted.  I was surprised to finally get this Aaron along with the other two shown below - Robinson and Yamaguchi.  




I previously mentioned being on the living room floor when Hank Aaron hit number 715.  I don't think that I was on the floor because the room was full.  Instead, I remember recording the game on my cheap, hand-held tape recorder.  If one wanted to record a song from the radio this was how it was done.

I don't ever remember listening to the tape again and I've long since lost that tape.  The memory of the moment is quite clear even though I can't remember which family members were watching with me and my parents.   

2 comments:

  1. Love this set. This is the best and most affordable way to get a on card autograph of Hank Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was patient with these three and eventually got them at great prices. It is a great set.

    ReplyDelete