Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, December 23, 2017

Which Kellogg's Card Keeps Finding Your Collection?

As I tried to make the 1978 Topps Baseball card set during the summer of 1978 I didn't know anything about short prints or double prints.  I was certainly learning about it since I kept getting Mike Lum and Pete Rose cards.  I ended up with 22 Mike Lums before making the set.  I certainly had at least 10 Pete Rose cards as well.

Collecting Hostess cards was just as challenging.  The boxes that were delivered seemed to have the same to have heavy duplication at my local stores.  Does anyone remember getting stuck with the same Kellogg's cards from boxes in their area?

Other than buying a player lot of cards like I did with George Brett, which Kellogg's card keeps finding its way into your collection?  When I go to a card show if the cards are in a $0.10 or $0.25 box I tend to buy them.  Do you?  Which players keep showing up?

I see 1981 cards most frequently even though they are the only ones that don't stand out since they are the same size as standard baseball cards of today.  So, I've got a lot of Rich Gossage, Bruce Sutter, George Foster, Fred Lynn, Jim Rice, Ron Guidry and Paul Molitor.  These guys aren't good enough to put on display at a card show, but I will keep buying them when they are cheap.

As far as older cards that just seem to be around, it usually seems like the seller had a set so the cards are distributed evenly.  If I get done sorting my cards before I retire maybe I will get more details on which older ones keep ending up in my possession.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment