Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, December 24, 2017

Proofs and Other Production Versions of Kellogg's Cards

Recently I've seen a few different types of items that were used in the production process of Kellogg's cards.  Is there any information or guide to what types of items have shown up in the marketplace?

Here are three items currently on ebay.  They are probably all outside of my budget and I know nothing about them.  The Sutter item appeals to me since he was a Cub.  Would I find a way to make one of these work if my favorite player were Sutter, Simmons or Colbert?  Only time will tell.





Does anyone have anything resembling this stuff?  Can someone tell me more about the source of these type of items?

1 comment:

  1. Back in the early 80's I ran into a guy who had this stuff..Later I found out that he went through the trash at the printing press and took a bunch of it..I traded him Some 1984 Donruss Rookies - Mattingly and Strawberry were HOT at the time for some of the proofs he had..I was able to get the 1977 Seaver photo proof and some other proof backs from 1971...Santo was going to be in the Set but for some reason he was cut from it..I wished I would have kept it..But when I had to Move to a smaller apt..I gave 90 % of my cards and stuff to the boys and girls club..

    ReplyDelete