Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, December 22, 2020

More Organizing With Hopes of Card Shows in 2021

I find it easier to keep track of what I am looking of by having it here on the blog.  With that in mind and with hopes of card shows sometime next year, I've been adding to the list of cards that I am trying to find next year.  I will keep adding to this as I get organized more.  It worked well at the last show I attended because the phone is easier to check than a bunch of lists.  

Why do I sometimes get extra sets?  I tend to buy cards in lots so I end up with doubles.  If that gets me close to a set, it gives me something to do while slowly trying to complete sets that are taking a long time - variations from 1971 and 1979, unopened packs and other items that don't show up often. 

I hope to be doing some trading and purchasing next year using these lists.  Let me know if you can help.


I love the strip of 1970 cards above, but I am trying to collect nice versions of the cards other than 1971s at this point.  Why?  It isn't my favorite set and it is so much more expensive than the others in nice condition.  

Maybe in 2021 I will at least start to track how many of the 1971s I even have in nice condition.  I would guess that the number will be less than 20.  I do have the entire football set in nice shape - to PSA-10 quality but I do believe that that are clean and uncracked.  


 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting strip. It's almost like Sportflics or something... with the Red Sox player on the Campaneris card and Tigers listed on that Billy Williams card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three of these strips from 1970. They are printed so poorly that they are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn’t know they sold them in strips. Cool. I love lenticular cards quite a bit. I posted a “Thank You” for the awesome sumo cards over in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think they sold them as strips, but someone probably brought them home from the factory garbage. Thanks for the mention. I'm glad you like the Sportscaster cards. I figured you could use the extras for people in your collecting circle. I am always looking for foreign ones and I will keep you in mind.

    ReplyDelete