Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, December 5, 2020

My First Free Weekend - What did I Do?

 I actually went to a card show.  Yeah!  That's the first one I've been to since maybe February?  I drove a little over an hour to have something to do.  The promoters did a great job of distancing the tables, even going so far as spreading the show into three different rooms, instead of the normal close quarters of one room.  Everyone I saw was wearing masks and staying distant.  

One of the reasons that I started this blog was to have a resource when I am at card shows.  Recently, I finally got around to listing the 1971 Kellogg's baseball variations that I needed.  That came in handy today since I found a dealer with about 10 cards from 1971.  


He had both variations of the McCovey.  The card is in nice condition, no cracks but certainly not perfect.




The Palmer that I needed had lots of cracks, but that's okay for my set.  



I couldn't pass up the Eddie Murray either.  




Since there is never anything to buy at the local stores, I bought five packs of 2019 Heritage because they were cheap.  At $1 per pack I knew there would be nothing special in the packs, but that was okay.  It was nice to open a few packs.  

I've read a lot about how store shelves are emptied immediately when cards arrive.  The prices of new boxes were way beyond what I'm willing to pay.  Related to people cleaning out the retail stores, I saw a few dealers whose entire inventory was Pokemon and cards directly from the retail shelves. 

30 variations to go for the 1971 Kellogg's baseball card set.    






2 comments:

  1. Nice Kellogg's pickups! And $1 for 2019 Heritage packs is a really good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumor has it that Pokemon is pretty popular right now. My buddy was selling packs from the 90's for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

    ReplyDelete