Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, December 20, 2020

Unique Items at Auction - Prices Cannot Be Predicted

 Check out this recently-completed ebay auction.  

1970 Rold Gold Display - Babe Ruth

Sorry if there is a redirect. 

If you don' want to head there, here are some pictures from the auction.




Until recently, I'd never seen the back of this display.  I have the Babe Ruth  and the cards that go with it.  I really like the catcher and umpire and what they add to the display.  

The price of $550, which includes shipping, was way beyond what I would pay as well as being a lot higher price than I would expect to see.  One can never tell when the item is unique.  

If anyone sees that catcher/umpire display let me know.  

There must be other displays like this for other Kellogg's/Hostess sets.  Has anyone seen other store displays other than this one, which officially isn't even a Kellogg's item.  

 


3 comments:

  1. That is a pretty cool display piece. Probably a one of a kind item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully two of a kind if I can get that back portion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet display. These are the rare kind of items I'd love to stumble across at a flea market. The only problem is finding a place to store it... oh and the $500 price tag ;D

    Good luck in tracking down the catcher/umpire for your collection.

    ReplyDelete