Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, December 22, 2020

One Collecting Goal for 2021 - Cereal Boxes

I picked up another box recently.  By recently I mean I ordered it a while ago and it finally arrived.  USPS is certainly having some issues.  When ebay starts their new $1.00 tracked shipping option that might not help either - .ebay Standard Envelope for Cheap Cards.



I'd like to get every box that was issued, but that will be quite a challenge.  I would settle for pictures of the boxes.  I prefer the entire box to just getting the back panel.  

If anyone has pictures please send along the fronts and the backs to my e-mail which is shown at the top of the blog - runforekelloggs@gmail.com.

Just like with Hostess, different Kellogg's products offered the cards some years.  The boxes are not all even the same size.  

I will add pictures to this post during the week ahead.

Does anyone else collect these boxes?  Is the back panel enough or do you collect the entire box?

So far I've seen the following different backs - regardless of the front.  Please pass along any additions to this list that you know about.  

I am labelling the box by a card on the back.  It could be the biggest card (1970), the card on top (1972), the card on the top left (1974) or the card in Tony's hand (1977).  

BASEBALL

1970 Tom Seaver, Brooks Robinson, Harmon Killebrew

1971 Billy Williams, Pete Rose, Bob Gibson

1972 Vida Blue, Joe Torre

1973 Billy Williams, Dick Allen

1974 Wilbur Wood, Rick Monday (card on the left)

1975

1976

1977 Mark Fidrych, Bill Madlock, Pete Rose

1978 Willie McCovey, George Brett, Frank Tanana (card on the top left)

1979 J.R. Richard, Paul Molitor  (card on the top left)

1980 Pete Rose, George Brett (card on the left)

1981

1982

1983 Robin Yount (card on the left)

FOOTBALL

1970 Dick Butkus, Len Dawson

1971 Craig Morton, George Blanda

OTHERS

1991 Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks, Yogi Berra, Lou Brock, Steve Carlton, Bob Gibson

1992 Tom Seaver (USA and Canada)

4 comments:

  1. Love the French language on the box: Un vrai r-r-régal!

    If I were to collect boxes, I think I'd prefer the entire box over just the back panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only cereal boxes I own related to sports are Wheaties boxes featuring the Packers, Lakers, and Tony Gwynn. All of them are complete boxes. At one point, I had the Post soccer cards from a year or two back... but I cut them out and tossed the boxes to conserve space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I even threw away some Jordan boxes to conserve space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember collecting Jordan boxes back in the day. I still have two of the Wheaties posters hanging up in my garage.

      Delete