Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, February 12, 2022

I Can See Why Many People Recommend COMC

 I received my first order from COMC.com yesterday.  My second order arrived a few weeks ago.  I wrote about that on my Sportscaster blog since it contained mostly track and field cards. 



I was close to finishing the 1961 Topps set in the 1980s.  Now I've got a long way to go, but it is fun to have a project.  I will try to grab all of the low-numbered commons before summer.   If I get to a big show in Chicago or the National, I should be able to find some of the other cards I need in VG-EX condition without too much effort.  

I am also going to work on the 1968 Topps baseball card set this year.  Why?  I think that I might have almost all of it, but I've never tried to find out.  When making sets in the 1970s and 1980s, I ended up only going back to 1969.  



Stop N Go Cowboys from 1979 and 1980 don't come around too much.   These are also Xograph cards, and lots of them I see are curled.   

Someone mentioned that COMC seemed like a card show.  So true.  It was so helpful to be able to grab lots of these cheap Kellogg's cards on my own time.  When I go to a card show, I rarely have lots of time to dig for hidden cards.  

I hope to use COMC again.  I still need to find some affordable Johnny Bench cards (1975, 1976), most cards numbered 1 to 9 from 1974 and a few 1975 Jon Matlacks. 

3 comments:

  1. For years COMC was my goto source for cards. I just requested shipment for my inventory a few weeks ago and should receive it sometime in early March. Glad there isn't a six month shipping delay anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed many comments from others about the delay and I waited for that time to decrease. I'm okay with waiting a month to get some cards, especially commons for sets.

    ReplyDelete