Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, February 19, 2022

Kellogg's Prices Haven't Dropped to Pre-COVID Levels at All

Before COVID, I'd be able to buy Kellogg's cards at good prices.  1971s and 1975s certainly didn't always come in good condition, but most anything else was around.  I really wanted to buy four of the five lots that ended yesterday.  Why?  First,  these type of lots rarely show up.  

Second, and yes this should be first, I have a problem.  Since I am not a regular dealer at shows or online, what would I do to recoup my money quickly?  That never mattered a few years ago because buying a lot was almost always at a price that didn't break the bank.

These lots below, other than the huge 1982 lot, would not have been overly expensive three years ago.  I put in a few bids and watched as the amount quickly flew far beyond a price that I could afford. 

1972 Kellogg's Lot

1974 Kellogg's Lot

1975 Kellogg's Lot

1978 Kellogg's Lot

1982 Kellogg's Lot

I was especially stunned by the prices of the 1974, 1978 and 1982 lots mainly because of the players shown.  

On a positive note, a 1974 set that looked really nice sold for $99.  By the time you would buy a Ryan, Rose and Jackson individually, you'd be close to $100.  

Have you noticed that I want to be buying Kellogg's cards and I am having less luck with that in the last few years?


3 comments:

  1. I have saved searches for 1970 and 1975 Kellogg's, but don't even bother looking at them anymore. I'll wait until things settle down a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't pull up 4 of the 5 lots but did see the 1978 lot. Wow is all can say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed it of late. It's really annoying

    ReplyDelete