Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, December 28, 2022

#12 On My List of Favorite Kellogg's Sets

 It might surprise some that the 1975 Kellogg's baseball sets is not one of my favorites.  Why?  I didn't get a lot of these as a kid for some reason.  The ones I did keep didn't maintain their color as well as Kellogg's cards from other years.  That can't even make up for a nice selection of players in the 1975 set.

I think that a nice, colorful, uncracked 1975 Kellogg's card is one of the most amazing cards that they've created.  I've seen far too few 1975s that look like that.  Instead, I tend to see the cards shown below about 90% of the time. 


Not only do these cards seem cracked, discolored borders are common.  The cards also seem to lose that shine easily.



Matlack, Bench and White are challenging to find without cracks.  



Sure, nice 1975s are expensive.  It makes sense because both at big shows and online most of the ones for sale don't look that good.  It is easy to find nice Kellogg's cards from every other year except for 1971.

Factory sets don't seem to be around much for 1975s.  That's not a surprise, because in years when dealers had access to factory sets, cards in nice condition survived in large quantities.

Is this anyone's favorite set?  Why?

6 comments:

  1. 1970 is my favorite Kellogg's set, especially since it's the first food-issue set I ever collected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes sense. Even though I collect baseball cards, I have more memories of getting 1970 Kellogg's football cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with bbcardz. 1970 is hands down my favorite Kellogg's set. Love that design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set is frustrating and I like it a lot, one of my favorites from the time before I discovered Kellogg's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The frustration is never ending. When 1975s crack, it is never minor. Instead, the entire card shows cracks. Can't someone design a way to heat the card enough to "uncrack" the cards?

    ReplyDelete