Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, December 11, 2022

Cards Shows Are the Same Everywhere?

I visited my daughter yesterday and made a stop at a card show in Green Bay.  Other than a bunch of tables that focused on Packers stuff, it was just like the shows I see around Chicago - lots of new auto/patch/relic/??? cards that I know little about.  5000-count boxes with new cards were prevalent as well.  I don't go for those either.

I didn't see many Kellogg's cards, but I did get these two, which look a lot better in person.  Sorry, I was too lazy to scan them today.




I rarely purchase graded cards, but if 1971s or 1975s look great and are affordable, I might be interested.  I have no plan to collect graded sets, but maybe someday I will change my tune.

I spent another dollar on a Dan Hampton rookie card that was quite off-center.

I went to a show today near Chicago.  I go to this site frequently, maybe five times a year.  I was surprised to see about 10 empty tables.  Most of the other tables had displays that seemed the same as the last time I was at the show.  

I spent $2 on some Sports Illustrated for Kids cards, mostly depicting track and field athletes.

I assume that there will be more shows next weekend and then after that not much for a while.

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to walk around a show with dealers focused on Packers stuff. However... being in Green Bay... I'm guessing they aren't bargain priced. Then again... they're not playing well this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to see the variety of Packer items displayed. I love seeing the oddball stuff. Milwaukee is about 1.5 hours away, so the Packers are mostly the only game in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seemed like there was a Danny Walton in every Kelloggs box in '71 at one time I had at least 20 of them (still have 1 left) that year was a big time trading year for those 3-D cards no other way to get the set traded topps cards and everything from yo-yos to hot wheels to get a set together

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my story with 1978 Kellogg's Steve Carlton, 1978 Topps Mike Lum and Pete Rose among other cards that I kept getting. Were you able to get any stars for Danny Walton?

    ReplyDelete