Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, December 31, 2022

Does Anyone Make Collecting Goals for the Year?

 I enjoy reading goals that collectors have for next year on the collecting boards.  Sure, lots of the sites focus on cards that are not in my price range.  Heck, lots of Kellogg's cards that I need are not in my price range.  

One of my goals is to finish some Kellogg's sets in their individual wrappers.  I will probably never get close to 1970, 1971 or 1975, but I think I will make an effort on the rest of them.

For 1979 I will try for variations, but for now any version will do fine.  


Football sets will have to wait as well.  The 1970 set might be possible someday, but the 1971 Football set will not be on my radar at current prices.



I still haven't seen any of the the 1970 Rold Gold cards in individual packs, so that won't be on my list.



1981 - 83 don't seem to be possible either.  

That leaves the following - 
1972
1973
1974
1976
1977
1978
1979
1980

I completed the sets from 1978 and 1980.

I would like to finish the ones that I am close to completing.  

1979 - I have at least one variation of every player except for Ross Grimsley.  I didn't know that or I would have probably looked for that card.  I will start looking for this one today.  

1977 - I only need five - Bostock, Cey, Fidrych, Lezcano, Koosman.  That should be possible.

1976 - I only need five - Washington, Carroll, Luzinski, Carew, Simmons.  Getting the Claudell Washington will probably be a challenge.

1974 - I still need more than half of this set.  I have 24 and I need 30 including most of the big names.  This is one of my favorite sets, but getting these packs can't be a priority since I think that the big stars will be out of my price range, if I even find them anywhere.

1973 - I only need five - Ryan, Palmer, Hunter, G. Perry, Seaver.  How do I keep needing five from these sets?  This one might be difficult since I need all stars.

1972 - I only need four - Seaver, Rose, Gibson, Mays.  Ouch.  Another small number, but another one that might be out of my price range.


4 comments:

  1. Best of luck in tracking down these unopened packs. I used to create hobby goals, but I think it's been a few years since I last wrote anything down. If I actively made an effort to accomplish them, I might take the time to write them out. But honestly... I'm just hoping to keep my head above water in regards to collecting. Wait. There is one thing I will actively try to pursue in 2023. I'm hoping to attend at least two card shows next year. In a perfect world one would be in Northern California, while the other would be in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card shows idea. It is nice to get to different shows instead of seeing the same dealers at the same shows. I am lucky that the National is in Chicago again, but I will probably only be able to go on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard Sundays are good... as dealers are willing to sell unwanted stock cheap so they don't have to lug it home. Have fun. I'd love to one day make it out to the National.

      P.S. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Yes, Sundays are good for lower-priced cards and oddball cards. Unique stuff will be gone, but I usually cannot afford those cards anyway. Sometimes I will find a few cheap blasters that dealers don't want to take home, but that hasn't happened in a few years since new cards became popular again.

    ReplyDelete