Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, December 12, 2022

Is This Kid You?

 Some kids in 1975 were probably quite disappointed to pull a Jon Matlack card from a cereal box.  Why?  They probably wanted a player from their team or maybe a big star like Reggie Jackson, Rod Carew, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Steve Garvey, Tom Seaver, etc.  

No disrespect is intended toward Matlack who had a great career and four different Kellogg's cards.  He was Rookie if the Year, an all-star more than once and he shared an All-Star Game MVP award in his 13-year career.

I still need Matlack and Bench without cracks.  If you want them with a crack I can certain trade those guys, but I need some nice ones for my sets.

No, I am not trying to pump up the price on this card.  I don't have a box full of them waiting for the right time.  If 1983 Fernando Valenzuela Kellogg's cards ever get popular I'd be set for life.



Stay tuned tomorrow to see where 1975s fit in among my favorite Kellogg's sets.


1 comment:

  1. My Matlack has a bunch of cracks... and I'm still trying to track down a Bench for my set. I actually stopped looking for these two cards, because they never popped up within my budget. I'll return to this set build one day, but it won't be anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete