Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, December 23, 2022

#14 on My List of Favorite Kellogg's Sets - Everything is Too Small

 When I was younger I didn't like this version of Kellogg's cards because the card size was smaller than most years.  Now I dislike it because the font on the back is too small.  I like to read the card backs, but these are getting more difficult each year for me.  Ugh, don't get old.

Those are my first thoughts about the 1980 Kellogg's set.  

Other negatives for me include the poor process of putting the cards in the packs.  Not only did the seal on the two-piece pack not work well, it also caused lots of the cards to discolor on one side of the back.  You might want to check your cards to see about this.  The left edge of the Fisk card has a bit of discoloring, but many are far worse.  

Some packs look okay, like the three below, but most that I've seen are not up to par with the other years.



This video shows how some of the packs look.  






Player selection is okay.  20 Hall of Famers.  It looks like there were 38 HOF players in the 1980 Topps sets, not counting league leaders, record breakers, etc.



I seem to see less cracks in these cards.  Maybe the smaller size helps.

2 comments: